Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Review: Addicted to You by Colina Brennan


Addicted to You

When twenty-one-year-old Leah Carter's latest one night stand burglarizes her apartment, her roommate forces her to attend therapy for sex addicts. Leah insists she isn't a sex addict; she just doesn't do relationships. After all, sooner or later, everyone lets you down.

At first, the group sessions are little more than an education on how to be promiscuous. Until she meets the newest addict—blue eyes, killer body, and a smile that tempts relapse.

Psychology student Will McLean is posing as a fellow addict while researching a case study on unusual addictions. But the more he learns about Leah, the more certain he is that his desire to break through her walls and unearth her secrets has nothing to do with his assignment.

As the uncertainties spike alongside the sexual tension, the only thing Leah knows for sure is that falling in love would be disastrous. Too bad love might be one addiction she can't kick.


The story begin with Leah being forced by her best friend and roomate Helena, to go to a therapy for sex addict. The reason is Leah bring a lot of one night stand at their appartement, and sadly the last one was a burglar, and so Helena think her best friend have a huge problem about sex. When Leah had almost finished her 20 sessions, a new sex-addict join the therapy, he's very hot and he's Scottish (yeah accent and all), and she's strangely attracted to him. At the same time Will (yeah the HOT and SEXY Scottish) is not really a sex-addict ... Actually he's a student in psychology and he's at the therapy for his study.

There's a lot of sexual tension between them, it was so hot all the time !!! I can tell you that I said a lot of OMG when I was reading and some moments I was laughing alone stupidly, I mean it's the kind of read with a topic not very usual with a little touch of humor. Another thing is I was wondering all along how Will will (haha double will *get out*) tell Leah the truth about his situation and it's the kind of thing that makes me keep reading until the end (actually I rarely DNF a book). I also loved the relationship between Leah and her brother Elijah, it was so sweet <3. And of course the relationship between Leah and Will is very intense for both of them, and they actually lived the same kind of childhood, so I'm happy they found each other, by the way the last chapter is H.O.T !!! *blush*

I won't make a character description (because I'm bad at description) but I'd like to mention Helena, Lena's roomate, who is a real best friend (I mean you must really love someone to forgive that person for bringing a bruglar as a one night stand), and it's just for me but she loves nail art and so do I, I think we can be friends (^_^). 
There's also Finn which is Will's friend, he's a funny character and have his relationship problem with a girl, Kat, and he's the reason I said OMG at least twice, each time he was there. He'll have his own story, and I can't wait to read it because he's quite a character !
And lastly Elijah, Leah's younger brother he's a really sweet brother who loves astronomy <3 and he's loved and cared by his sister since he was a baby.

This book was really fun with an unusal topic and sexy, I discover this book during the NAmazing Adventure (a blog hop featuring over 60 New Adult authors) and I'm so happy this kind of event exist to discover a lot of books and sometimes amazing authors (yeah I'm talking about the author of this book, Colina Brennan) !


No comments:

Post a Comment