Monday, July 22, 2013

Review: The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret #1) by Jessica Sorensen

The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)Ella and Micha have been best friends since they were kids. But one tragic night shatters their friendship and their lives forever.

Ella used to be a rule-breaker with fiery attitude who wore her heart on her sleeve. But she left everything behind when she went to college and transformed into someone that follows the rules, keeps everything together, and hides all her problems. But now it's summer break and she has nowhere else to go but home.

Ella fears everything she worked so hard to bury might resurface, especially with Micha living right next door. If Micha tries to tempt the old her back, she knows that it will be hard to resist.

Micha is sexy, smart, confident, and can get under Ella’s skin like no one else can. He knows everything about her, including her darkest secrets. And he’s determined to bring his best friend, and the girl he loves back, no matter what it takes.

(New Adult Contemporary)
*Mature Content** Recommended for ages 17+ due to sexual situations and language.

 
So this is my first review ever (in English at least) on this blog (^_^) I don't know if it'll make any sense but I hope it does

To sum up the book without doing any spoilers (in my opinion) it's the story of a girl, Ella, and a boy, Micha (as in the title of the book, I know it's obvious but I have to say it), they're childhood best friends and one evening something happened between them and made Ella running away to go to college in Las Vegas without telling anyone, the novel begin 8 month after the incident, and Ella have to go back because of summer break, and she have to see Micha again since he's also her neighbour. What she didn't know is Micha was looking for her during all this time. A lot of things will happen since they both have some secret (yes as in the tittle) in their dark past, and they have to face some problems but they'll have each other to overcome all the hardships. They'll also have the helps of their best friends, Ethan and Lila.

So now my thoughts, at first it was difficult for me to get attached to the characters, sometimes I was feeling like "Oh she tries to hate him but can't help making out with him (O_o) ?!" it was kind of contradictory, but they keep playing cat and mouse and it was kind of fun and cute so in the end I love both characters.

At a moment there was some car racing involved and since English is not my mother-tongue it was kind of difficult to follow, but thanks to my love of manga and anime when I was younger, I watched an anime called "Initial D", which was about car racing, so it wasn't that hard for me to picture the races.

Now about the main characters, 
Ella is a nice girl who tried to change herself to cut with the past, and I found her character with problems that maybe some person can experienced too, but she did have common problems like every new adult (I don't even now if this expression is really used, anyway I hope you get me but I talk about people in college) so we can get into her place a little bit (I still don't know if it makes any sense).
Micha is a real bad boy, lips pierces, some tattoos and a solo singer who knows how to play guitar. In simple words, HOT and SEXY !!! He's deeply in love with Ella and would do anything for her but he's got a problem to deal with too.

Now the second characters (which will have their own story),
Lila, who's Ella's dorm roomate in college, and comes from a wealthy family, she seems like a good girl at first but she actually know how to enjoy herself (by that I mean party) and she found out that she didn't know Ella that well, but still try to be a good friend.
Ethan is Micha's bestfriend and knows Ella since a long time ago, he has a dark past but he got back on the right track, and he's really a good friend to Micha.
I can't wait to read their story !

So I really enjoy this book and I understand why it was a Must Read, maybe I'll read the second book "The Forever of Ella and Micha later this week !




No comments:

Post a Comment